Below are the current vacancies available at QRA. Please include a copy of your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject heading of the position that interests you.
Hours of work: Up to 40 hours per week/Monday to Sunday/8am to 8pm
The Laboratory Technologist l will be responsible for the following activities pertaining to the microbiology laboratory.
To provide general support in the pre-processing of samples and perform analysis under the direction of Laboratory Technologist ll and Laboratory Technologist lll.
• General lab support including sort and distribute, pre-processing of samples, weighing and analysis.
• Ensure that cross contamination/labeling between samples and other materials does not occur.
• Use summary reports to plan and organize work.
• Prioritize jobs according to Rush and client specific deadlines.
• Follow all laboratory safety rules and regulations.
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure accuracy and quality of work.
• Keep work area clean, neat and organized.
• Clean lab wares.
• Provide support to other members of the section.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
• Retrieve samples required for disposal, record and dispose following the SOP.
A degree or 2-3 year diploma in any life sciences field with a major in microbiology, genetics or biotechnology from a recognized university or technical institution.
Must have ability to work independently and as part of a team, good record keeping skills and attention to detail, ability to accurately follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and understand Protocols and Policies, excellent computer skills as well as good verbal and written skills
This position is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Quest Research And Analytics Inc.